Monday, April 20, 2009

Neon Signs for Food in the Middle of Nowhere

The best 24 hour food places are the ones that have food neon signs flashing in the dark.

I learned this lesson while driving for hours across several states last week. I had no idea where to go, as if there was anywhere to go to anyway. So what happened was that I kept driving and driving until I saw this bright neon sign from around 100 meters away - a diner. It so happened that the diner was a very popular one, especially for long distance drivers. I wouldn't have known that the diner was open were it not for a sign that said that it was open.

It turns out that this place offered both coffee, which I saw through their coffee shop neon sign, as well as food, because they offered both Mexican food, salad and soup, as well as pizza, any time, all the time!

So I parked by their parking lot. I was surprised to see that there were a lot of customers who were parked there by the Mexican food signs. There were people just hanging out by their car while there were also others who were inside and waiting for their orders. I thought to myself, if it weren't for the food neon signs that they had, I wouldn't have known that this place offered food in the middle of nowhere!

I found this place through the coffee neon signs because I had grown sleepy going over the different places in my itinerary. I think that the best thing about that place was that they also gave me an idea what to expect like what food or drink they are serving, and at the same time surprising me by the amount of patrons that I would later learn have been coming back to the place because of the kind of services that they offer!

Bright neon signs are very helpful with the kind of businesses that operate, literally, in the middle of nowhere. In the case of that drive stop, the coffee neon sign helped me find it, enough to keep me awake for my next trip.